Can't We All Just Get Along? Yes, But it Will Take Some Work!
Most of us are familiar with the term "IQ" and often associate a high IQ with an individual who is intellectually proficient and capable of achieving and sustaining his or her vocational and educational goals. Equally important, and many say more important, is one's proficiency in "EQ", or emotional intelligence. This class will examine the concept of emotional intelligence beginning with initial definitions then move to discussion of specific EQ components including pro-social and problem-solving skills, frustration management, effective communication strategies, and methods for conflict resolution. Finally, participants will develop their own personal action plan using the knowledge acquired in the class. So, what is in your EQ toolbox?
Date & Time
November 14, 2017
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Gulfstream Early Childhood Center of Excellence Media Center
120 SW 4th Avenue
Hallandale, FL 33009
- Participants will be able to define and discuss the role of Emotional Intelligence in everyday life, and more specifically, how EQ impacts performance in the workplace.
- Participants will be able to generate a list of critical social skills that includes specific frustration management and conflict resolution skills, and explain the importance of mastery the skills identified.
- Participants will apply the knowledge gained from the training to develop a personal action plan designed to build capacity within their own EQ toolbox.
- Post test: Score of 70% required to obtain CEU
- Personal action plan: Completion required
COST: There is no cost to attend.
CEU: Eligible for 0.2 CEU
AUDIENCE: Children's Forum staff from the Palm Beach and Miami-Dade offices are invited to attend.
CAPACITY: 30 seats available
LAST DATE TO REGISTER: November 12, 2017
PREREQUISITE REQUIREMENTS: There are no educational or technical prerequisites for this class.
- Participants arriving more than 10 minutes late are not eligible for CEUs.
- In order to obtain CEUs, participants MUST attend the entire class.
You can also print out driving directions to this event.
PO Box 350785 , Jacksonville, FL 32225